Fun Christmas Tree Facts
- Growing Christmas trees provides a habitat for wildlife.
- Recycled trees have been used to make sand and soil erosion barriers and been placed in ponds for fish shelter.
- Christmas trees remove dust and pollen from the air.
- Artificial trees will last for six years in your home, but for centuries in a landfill.
- 59 percent of real Christmas trees harvested are recycled in community programs.
- An acre of Christmas trees provides for the daily oxygen requirements of 18 people.
- The top six Christmas tree producing states Oregon, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Washington & Wisconsin.
- The best selling trees are Scotch pine, Douglas fir, Noble fir, Fraser fir, Virginia pine, Balsam fir and white pine.
- Other types of trees such as cherry and hawthorns were used as Christmas trees in the past.
Read more fun facts at http://pickyourownchristmastree.org/facts.php