The Sierra Awning is an custom made product installed over windows, doors and small patio openings. Designed to block sun, heat, privacy and block the elements, these affordable awnings are a great solution. With hundreds of exterior fabrics to choose from, these durable functionable shade systems help you outsmart mother nature and also add interest & dimension to any home or building.
Extruded aluminum hood
Sunbrella or Screen fabric selection
5 available projections
Manual or motorized
- Save Up to 25% – 40% On Cooling Costs
- Add Privacy
- Outsmart the weather
- Protect your furnishings
- Expand your outdoor space
- Block the sun & other elements
- UV Protection
- TUV Tested
- 5 projections options
- 5 valance options
- Frame color options
- Sunbrella and Solar Screen Fabric choices
- Ceiling or roof mounts
- Protective hood options
- Adjustable pitch control
- Motion & wind detectors
- Motorized options
- Automation options
- Sierra Awning Specs
- Mounting Options
- Valance Options
- Frame Finishes
We offer manual or motorized awning options. When you opt for our motorized option, your awning is linked to a remote control or wall panel that allows you to make changes with the touch of a button. No power available? We also offer solar powered motors!
Some of the benefits of motorized awnings:
- Remote technology allows you to raise or lower your shades and awnings from anywhere in your home at any time, regardless of the weather or the time of day.
- Allows you to easily open or close your awning, making it easy to keep your attention and focus on the tasks at hand or the guests you are entertaining without any interruption.
- Motorized operation of awnings can also offer comfort to individuals who might otherwise have trouble with manual raising and lowering your awning. Those who are older, suffer from arthritis, have been injured, or simply have more limited mobility can greatly benefit from the comfort offered by remote operation of your awning.
- Or if your one of those people who loves the newest technology and the ease of just pushing a button, a motorized shade is for you!
We are pleased to offer motorized retractable awning options. You can take a look at our products by browsing through our online galley, at our showroom or just give us a call at (509) 308.1354 & discuss your needs with our knowledgeable staff.
Somfy® solar-powered and wired sun, rain, and wind sensors with Radio Technology.
We have several styles of motion sensors. Our motion sensors use a wireless technology that provide intuitive, battery powered wind sensor. It no only detects horizontal and vertical movement of the awning but also lateral movement.
There are several options of Premium Climate Sensor. These sensor are typically radio operated and designed to automatically control awnings and shades based on the current weather conditions. These sensors allow you to program your shade/awning to open or close to prevent damage if undesirable weather occurs.
The Soliris RTS Suand and wind sensor automatically controls sompy motorsize dshades based on curernt weather conditions.
RTS allows you to experience motorization your way.
Control your motorized awning with a single device or
a combination. Choose from hand-held remotes, wireless
wall switches, table top controls, timers or app control.
You can also:
• Add a state-of-the-art wind or sun sensor to provide
automatic control based on weather conditions.
Now offering: The first totally wireless rain & sun sensor.
• Multi-purpose sensor for everyday comfort and peace of mind
• Six modes of operation • Compatible with all new and existing Radio Technology Somfy® motorized awnings, exterior screens and rolling shutters
• Demonstrations without the wait
• Adjustable rain & sun sensitivity.
NO WIRING REQUIRED
Mounts flat, on a pole or a gutter. No wiring required!
100% SOLAR POWERED
Renewable energy Harnesses solar power while protecting interiors from the sunlight’s harmful rays.
100% HAPPY EXPERIENCE
• Automatically creates more comfortable outdoor living spaces
• Quickly responds to the changes in weather, protects the awnings, outdoor furniture, interiors and more…
• Simple indicators show which function is on.
• Easy to customize.
TAHoma: Plug and Play option. (Somfy Motors Only)
Features and Benefits
- Ethernet and Wifi Connectivity
- Multi-Gateway Capability
- Install up to 10 gateways in 1 home to increase the RTS range and provide greater flexibility for larger structures. Each TaHoma can control up to 40 RTS channels.
- Lighting Intergration
- Connect Phillips Hue Devices using the TaHoma app.
- Offers more smart home value to end user.
- Consumer Smart Home Platform Intergration
- Offers a flexible solution (via voice, app, or touch screen control)
- Compatible with a wide variety of leading platforms including IFTTT, Google and Amazon/Alexa
|Frame: Fifteen (15) years|
|Fabric: Ten (10) years|
|Electronics: Five (5) years|
|Solar Powered Motors: Three (3) years|
Our custom made Retractable Awnings are functional, block heat, sun, light, save energy, add interest to the exterior of homes and buildings, look great
& Enhance the Art of Outdoor Living!
Contact Us today for your free estimate!
NW Shade Co uses industry leading Sun Control Retractable Awnings. Each awning is custom crafted in the USA, using extruded aluminum and along with Sunbrella & other Exterior Fabrics. These durable and beautiful awnings work well for homes & businesses in the Columbia Basin and Walla Walla Valley. They’ll ensure you enjoy your outdoor living space throughout each season!